Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Catch-Up





It's been so long since I've said hello, I am a bit embarrassed to show my face again. Things have slowed down a bit for now around here. My summer classes are finished, softball is over, and the beginning of the new school year looms conspicuously in the not-so-distant future. I am trying to do as much reading for fun as I am able to because I know my time will be severely limited in no time.
We are taking on a home improvement project at the moment as well; my youngest's bedroom. It had two layers of ancient wallpaper that we removed and now we are repairing damaged plaster areas and patching holes. Oh the joys of an old home! So I guess my busy is just different busy for now.
My girls are growing up into young ladies. My oldest just finished drivers-ed and got her farm permit. She will start high school this year. My youngest is in junior high now. I am not sure anything can prepare you for the time when you realize your babies are all grown up. It just kind of hit me this summer. I am particularly sentimental anyway, so this is quite an adjustment for me this summer. Letting go is hard. It is natural and necessary, but hard nonetheless. I would welcome any suggestions for dealing with teenage girls, driving, boyfriends, and drama in general. I am afraid things will get worse before they get better!

3 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

WE can't wait to see the before and after pictures! Kids growing up... yes that is a big change. The best advice I can give you always let them know how much they are loved and be a good listener. :-)

Darcie said...

So glad that you are able to sprinkle a few lazy days of summer into your schedule! ;-) As for advise...from the little I can gather...your a GREAT mom! Going through the teenager years...makes you even better.

Kar said...

Busy summer here also Jemm. So awesome to hear from you again. Can't wait to see what you are up to with the decorating. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin